Spartan Armor Systems’ Gen 2 Leonidas Legend plate carrier is proudly made in the U.S.A. and 100% Berry Compliant, making it an ideal choice for Law Enforcement, Military or Concerned Citizens alike.
Tucson, Ariz. (December 2021) – Spartan Armor Systems®, manufacturers of American-designed and made body armor, tactical gear, and targets, proudly announce the second generation Leonidas Legend plate carrier with new enhancements designed to meet the most rigorous demands of the modern operator. Enhanced with lightweight Squadron laser-cut laminate material over a Cordura 500D body, the Leonidas Legend plate carrier is built to last. The Leonidas Legend features effective thin and lightweight high density foam standoffs for air circulation, enhanced shoulder pads, quick release cummerbund and many more upgrades.
With enhanced padding in the front, back and shoulders, the Leonidas Legend is designed to minimize fatigue and maximize comfort during extended duty use. The tough, but soft, spacer mesh helps this carrier breathe while facilitating heat dissipation. The fully adjustable (and removeable) cummerbund provides seven levels of adjustment, allowing for a variety of body types ranging from L to 3XL. High abrasion laminate exterior panels not only provide a super low profile mounting solution, but reduces weight while shielding the 500D Cordura body.
The Leonidas Legend comes standard with MOLLE side plate pouches capable of holding 6”x6” or 6”x8” armored side plates. Each shoulder pad also features multi-directional laser-cut webbing to allow for greater freedom in mounting and retainment options. First Spear Tubes are integrated into the cummerbund to allow for faster dawning and removal of the carrier. The top zippered admin pouch is capable of holding smartphones up to 6.5” long. Additional storage is also provided by way of the front kangaroo pouch which is retained by hook-and-loop. The Leonidas Legend plate carrier is proudly made in the U.S.A. and 100% Berry Compliant making it an ideal choice for Law Enforcement, Military or Concerned Citizens alike.
Spartan Armor Systems Leonidas Legend plate carrier specifications:
- Made in the USA and Berry Compliant
- Available in Black, Coyote Brown, MultiCam and Black MultiCam
- Designed to hold 10”x12” or 9.5”x12.5” SAPI/ESAPI plates
- Removeable shoulder pads feature enhanced padding and multi-directional laser cut webbing for more attachment options
- Mil Spec Construction 500D Codura° and lightweight Squadron Laminate materials
- Reinforced Rear drag handle with retainment Velcro
- First Spear Tube Technology for easy cummerbund release and re-dawning without having to readjust cummerbund sizing
- Hook-and-loop front and back ID panels with laser cut PALS webbing
- Bungee sizing system allows cummerbund to adjust from L to 3XL
- Cummerbund accepts Spartan Armor Systems 5”x11” soft armor inserts
- Removeable cummerbund with secondary retainment straps allows carrier to be run without cummerbund
- Front hook-and-loop kangaroo pouch
- Chest and back ½” padded standoffs increase airflow without producing hotspots
- Included MOLLE side plate pouches designed to hold 6”x6” or 6”x8” side plates
- Top zippered admin pouch
- MSRP – $349.99
To view the Leonidas Legend product page, go to: https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/leonidas-legend-plate-carrier/
The Leonidas Legend will be on display at SHOT Show 2022, see it at booth# 43360.
About Spartan Armor Systems®:
Spartan Armor Systems’ mission is to provide first responders and civilians with the affordable, reliable body armor protection they deserve. Spartan Armor Systems is one of the premier body armor and tactical gear suppliers in the United States, with high-quality armor plates, body armor, reactive targets, and more. Spartan Armor Systems specializes in NIJ-compliant body armor and manufactures level III, level III+, and level IV threat protection. Spartan Armor Systems’ signature product is the Spartan™ AR500 Omega™ and AR550 ballistic steel body armor with Spartan Armor’s Encapsaloc™ fragmentation coating that provides rifle-rated protection at a fraction of the cost of traditional ceramic armor.